Thank you for being a potential donor helping people, restoring lives, you're in the right place. Read our story and donation list, you can make a difference by giving back into a childs life.
our desire to serve
Imagine an island where thousands flock to take beautiful excursions and create lasting memories, all the while, thousands of children are reported abused not too far from travelers’ luxury experience. The travel industry sustains Jamaica’s economy but hidden in the hills and homes of the beauty lies an ugly truth — neglected children and disabled children longing to be loved. . . in fact over 8000 were reported abused in an eight-month period. (Jamaica Observer, December 3, 2013)
Imagine feeding, changing, clothing and cleaning children every day at the variety of children homes in Jamaica. Supplies diminish quickly and your help will greatly appreciate by I Am Sharon M. Kerr Ministries Inc. along with affiliation of G.L. Hawthorne Ministries Inc. to help our ministries keep the shelves stocked. The Children Homes in Jamaica relies heavily on donations - not just monetary but material items as well. We encourage teams, friends, and family to pack an extra suitcase or bags with supplies from the list below. Although the list frequently changes, many of the items are daily ongoing needs. While some items are difficult to find in Jamaica, others are simply more expensive than prices outside the country.
Our International Outreach saw the needs of the children homes in Jamaica, and the Lord laid it heavily on our hearts to supply there needs. In addition, collecting personal items, our goal is to seek vacant lots for creating urban gardening in rural and city areas for the use of cultivating, processing, and providing fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits to children homes our International Outreach will be sponsoring.
If not all please choose one or more of the following items that your heart desires to give. Please make sure you check with the airline for weight and size restrictions before packing if you are planning to participate in our mission trips. We also suggest taping tops, placing liquid and gel-like substances in plastic storage zipper bags to prevent any spills in luggage. Please note that the items are needed requirements.
- Diapers: size 2-4 Pull-Up Diapers: sizes 3 - 5
- Adults Diapers: Med and XL Children size
- Diaper Wipes
- Toothpaste (for kids & older kids)
- Lotions & Baby Lotions
- Bath soap & Baby wash, Baby Oil and Powder
- Toilet Tissue (remove the card board in the center to make it compact)
- Hand soap and Hand Sanitizer
- Vitamins (children & adult)
- Cold, Fever and Cough Medicine
- Latex Gloves(medium & large), Bandages, Band Aids, Blood sugar and Blood pressure machines
- Bug Repellant/ Mosquito Spray
- Assorted Clothing for boys and girls (from small to large)
- Sneakers (all sizes from 6 up to 12) for girls and boys
- Slippers (slippers with the wide strap across the top of the foot all sizes 5 & up to 10)
- Flip Flops (all girls sizes from 3 up 12 and adult size 2 and 3)
- Flip Flop for Boys (from sizes 3 up to 13)
GROCERY, HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
- Twin Sheets
- Wash rags, Towels
- Heavy Duty Garbage Bags
- Non-perishable can items, milk powder, oats etc.
- All ages School Items
- Black Sharpie Permanent Markers
- Copy Paper
- Composition Notebooks
Recommendation, please purchase garden tools that can easily fit into luggages example:
- Project Source 4- Piece Wood-Handle Tool Set
- Hand Pruner
- Steel Bypass Lopper
- Garden Snip
Thank You Again
Evangelist Sharon M Kerr